Moments are the molecules that make up eternity. (Neal A. Maxwell)
Dear Mom, Dad, and Catherine,
Good morning! :) How are you all doing?
I'm running out of time, so here are the highlights of the week. There were so many moments. Powerful, wonderful, deep, feeling moments.
Monday: we went to the center to make Maultaschen for FHA. D wanted to record me playing some hymns. I played "Be Still, My Soul,” and it made her cry. That's the thing. I LOVE D. She's beautiful. She's more open than she lets on, and my goal with her is just to let her know that she is loved—that I love her, that Heavenly Father loves her. And I think she's recognized that. I think she sees me as a person, as a friend, not just a missionary. I love her so much. She is so gentle.
Wednesday, we were writing emails and watching some videos. It was powerful. They made us cry, all of them, but especially the "Because of Him" video. We haven't watched it in a while, so we did. And it was just POWERFUL. And then the new Mormon Message about how you do more good than you think. Man. All the emotions. Seeing the beautiful paintings of Rio de Janeiro in Sister B's house. Sitting in Bahnhof, making phone calls, just eating a croissant with hot chocolate. ORGANIZATIONAL projects. Doing the area book. Hahahahaha. I'm so weird. I felt so good mapping the formers out. :)
Thursday, we spent with E. That was good—good for her, good for us. Just reminded me of my time with Sister Gilmour. I really loved it. E is going home in two weeks. :(
Saturday was FUNNY and way good. Lots of good moments. Our two investigator lessons fell out---Herr S and M, who got called into work. Talking to JV's son. Contacting JV! (Referral seit EWIG and we couldn't get in touch with him.) Seeing the neighbors mow their neighbor's lawn---over the fence. Hahaha. Time with and gifts from J---especially the moleskin notebook with our names engraved on them. R. He just wants to live the commandments because God commanded them, not because he'll get blessings.
THEN. Our backup plan for M was to read with R in the Book of Mormon in the park next to Bahnhof, which we did. We were just talking afterwards, then this man with a beautiful dog came over. Sister A LOVES dogs. So she went over and asked the man if she could play with his dog, to which he said yes. So we went over and started talking about what we were doing here, etc.
.jpg)
He'd lived in Stuttgart for 18 months, but then moved to north Germany and was visiting for a couple hours. Sister A asked him if he went to church. He said no, but he is close to God. Not baptized into a church. He asked Roberto, who then said, "I was pretty much the same, I had a relationship with God, but I got to know the missionaries just like you are now, heard the lessons, and got baptized." This really fascinated the man. We started talking about why we are in this religion, told him about the Book of Mormon and things, and then Roberto bent down, kinda sat on his heels and said, "Imagine this. Think about this." And he explained how we believe in the Bible, that we are Christians, and the Bible is very important to us. And how if you think about it, the Bible happens on one side of the hemisphere. But if God is an all-loving God, wouldn't He also love and share His word with His children on the other side of the world? This made sense to Phil, and he was really, really interested. So we explained a little more, that a family came from the "Old World" (Jerusalem) over to the ancient Americas, around the time of Christ, etc. It was SO POWERFUL. He couldn't take a book with him (he had no room), but I gave him a pamphlet (also a miracle that I had grabbed some earlier that day) and our card. We both really thought that he will follow it and find the missionaries. I hope he does, or that the missionaries run in to him.

Yesterday, we went to two churches, then went to the Gs with D and R. And it was incredible. I love these people so much. We talked a lot on the way back to the Bahn. Seriously. Heaven will be where I am surrounded by my family and friends---the people I love.
Notice the moments---there are wonderful, beautiful moments in every day. My last two days were pretty incredible---lots of moments. But be grateful for every little thing, because it will help you see the moments so much more.
I love you a whole lot. Enjoy Conference!!
Love,
Sister Beth Winters
I think people will remember Sister Winters as the Sister who truly loved everybody - unconditional love is a powerful thing - what an awesome, beautiful, missionary!
ReplyDelete