Dear Mom, Dad, and Caf,
Wow, wow, wow! Your week looks crazy! :) Slash.....also not super crazy. But it looks so fun. It's still warm enough to go swimming? Granted, it HAS been warm enough the last couple days here, but I'm happy it'll cool down this week. I love fall weather SO MUCH.
AH. The week. Here we go.
Monday, we met with J. He's Greek. We gave him a Book of Mormon. He talked to us about a lot of stuff, and we just listened. Kinda gave Sister Angeloudis a hard time for not knowing more Greek. :P So we left. Sigh. He actually dropped us later in the week.
Tuesday, we met with M! Finally. It was the first time Sister Angeloudis has met her. We taught the Restoration, which was good, and we could see that she grasped the concepts and understood, but it hasn't taken fire yet, so we're working on that. She wasn't able to come to church because her brother came in from Augsburg. :(
That night, after dinner and cleaning, R and I talked about missionary work. He is AWESOME, and he is on fire. And he talks with about as many people as he can---all of his colleagues, his family, his friends. It's CRAZY. I told him we were teaching M, who is Catholic, and he told me that I would need a bodyguard because I'm bringing all these Catholics over. :)
Wednesday, we had lunch with the Zauggs and E, which was really good. We gave her a plant and talked about faith. :)
Friday was interesting. We had planned a lesson for the Gs, which, really, was going to address that they don’t come to church very often (they're less active). But then we showed up, and, at once, I knew it was so wrong. We were being WAY prideful. :P Sigh. We walked in, and things were difficult, and she'd forgotten that we were coming, and her family...........never treats Sister G really well. It's so sad. So we changed it really fast on the spot and read Alma 32. Thank goodness for the Spirit when we 20-year-old missionaries make mistakes.
Saturday was transfer calls. I am staying in Stuttgart. 6 transfers. That's half a mission. (A little less than half for me.) And we are Sister Training Leaders, which I am so excited about. Nervous, excited, all of it. We helped at the S2s and did some garden work, then studied a bit. We had dinner with E and K at K's host family's home. It was wonderful. And they have a be-a-utiful piano, and so I just played, and it was absolutely incredible. Magical. We talked about hope with E, and I think it was really, really good for her.
Yesterday, after church, we went to the B Familie's home. They are wonderful people. Patient, gentle, dry humor, and I love them. The Spirit was really good.
Anyways. That was the week. :)
I love you all so much! Thank you for your emails. :) And prayers and support and letters and love and for being my family.
Love,
Sister Beth Winters
Our girls are writing shorter and shorter letters. I will not mention what this is indicative of. =) She sounds great and she is perfect when she says "thank goodness for the Spirit when we (20 year old missionaries) make mistakes" doesn't that go for all of us? Of course it does. The Holy Ghost is such a tremendous gift! I am so excited that she is a Sister Training Leader and will be able to contribute to Mission Leadership!!!
ReplyDeleteYou can always tell that she is very close to the Spirit! Love her positive attitude all the time!
ReplyDelete