I love fall. It is 100% officially Autumn. YAY!!! I LOVE sitting on windowsills. We have a couple good ones in our apartment. I love it especially when it's raining, so I'm glad you enjoyed that. I'm so glad you got to watch the temple dedication! I can't wait for next year. That will be incredible. I wish---I hope---I could bzw. can attend the temple before I leave here. I miss it SO much. Roberto is planning on going with the ward the weekend after General Conference, and then hopefully we'll be able to work out some sort of temple trip that we can go with him and a member family before the transfer's out. :)
So, my hair. Well, last Sunday, we were talking about what we would do on P-day because we didn't have any plans. I've actually wanted to cut it short for a while. Remember back in May when I cut it the first time? I actually wanted to go this short (what I have now) then. Sister Angeloudis has done it---so we talked about it and I thought and thought and thought about it, and went back and forth, and then I just did it. I LOVE it. It's so easy to manage, and it's cute. :) It's not so coarse (well, look so much) as when I had longer hair. It's nice to have out of the way, kinda. But I really love it.
Man. The week was relatively low-key, but also not.
We visited E and P on Monday night and that was really sweet.
Tuesday, we had a district leader training meeting, which we were supposed to attend and help lead, because we're Sister Training Leaders. It was really good. Sometimes I think I get too woo-hoo, up-in-the-air trying to get my point across about how important something is........I'll work on it. :) The thing I loved while sitting in that meeting was you could feel the power of their callings—-that these elders were called as leaders to take care of and help and guide and lead the other missionaries. It was really powerful.
We went contacting to another town on the Bahns. Maybe not the most effective, but interesting. One of the stops on the U6 is called Europaplatz, and when I got there, I remembered something Mr. J had said to Sister Arnold and me once---if you go on Google Maps and pinpoint the general Stuttgart area, then pull out a circle to encompass Europe, we are almost exactly in the middle. Hahahaha. I love it. But I remembered that when we got to Europaplatz. :)
Wednesday was cool. We went to the Hs for lunch, which was fun, and we talked to their neighbor, actually, and met with him on Saturday! Afterwards, we went home and did sprach studium, training, and then went to M. She is wonderful. I love her. But her situation is so difficult; she wants so much to come to church, but it's hard for her because of a number of things. Sigh. So we tried to help her---but it IS difficult because we ARE 20-year-old women, and she is somewhat older than we are and dealing with problems that we've never dealt with. But she relies on us, and she relies on every single time she CAN come to church. I love her a whole lot.
On the way home, a blind woman got on the train, and I really wanted to go talk with her. (She actually sat down across the aisle from us.) So I did. It was really cool. I loved it. We talked about what I was doing here, and then we talked about faith. It was way cool. I loved it. (She also told me I had a nice accent, which I appreciated!)
Thursday, we went to Schwäbische Tafel, which was good. One of the men there was a little bit frech when asking about my nametag and what I do here---but he actually does have interest. So that was cool. We went to J and had döners with him and then to the Ns for dinner. 'Twas good.
Saturday, we went and met with Herr S, the Hs' neighbor---who is very interested to learn. It was really cool. We doored a couple people, went by on a couple referrals, then came home. We had a fun lunch---Uludag (Turkish bubbly drink) and french fries, while Sister A had a döner and I had rice. Yum yum yum. :) And watched the District while we did it. Ah. (Sigh............Entertainment on a mission---The District is about all you get. That's the only place you're going to laugh---at least as far as movies go. Hahahaha.) Afterwards, we had stake conference! It was really cool. Elder Zaugg and Elder Yeoman both spoke about missionary work. Elder Yeoman's talk was SO GOOD. The topic was, "What do missionaries expect from members?" He talked about how the question really was, “What does Heavenly Father expect from us? He expects that we live the gospel, that we LOVE---because that is how we show that we are disciples of Christ.” That is the example we should set---being open and loving to everyone. It was powerful. I hope the members FELT it.
Sunday was also Stake Conference. Afterwards, we came home and did weekly planning. We went to S’s (!) for dinner, which is good, because Sister Angeloudis hadn't met her yet. We talked with her about faith, which was really good. I'm working on S---I still don't feel like I can really connect with her yet. Trying to.
We're going to make Maultaschen with J today. Because it actually takes up a bunch of our P-day time, we were going to get up at 5 and go on a hike...........but then we didn't. Fell right back asleep after the alarm. Sigh. Oh, well. We must have needed the sleep. :)
Alles wohl.
Love you all SO MUCH.
Love,
Sister Beth Winters
No comments:
Post a Comment