Thursday, October 9, 2014

General Conference

Also. It is OFFICIALLY October. I love it. It's just barely cool enough for my hat. :)  With short hair, my hat stays on!



So anyways. Man. The week.

Last Monday, we played volleyball and soccer for P-day. Man. My arms hurt and my lats hurt and my legs hurt afterwards. But it was a lot of fun. We might do it again today. :)


We visited the Ks on Tuesday. We also met with a woman named A for the first time. We also met with her on Thursday. She's 21 and Evangelisch. SUPER nice. I think it will take small steps with her. She doesn't want to be attacked in her faith (that's not what we want to do anyway), but she was okay learning about our faith. It was really good. Short and sweet. :)

Wednesday we had a Tausch! So I went down to Sister Erdenetsogt in Tübingen, and Sister Poll (her golden) came up to Sister A. We went down and had an Ausstellung (exhibit) and just talked to people. To be honest, I really don't like trying to stop every person on a busy sidewalk (relatively speaking). This is my Sister Gilmour coming out in me. It is SO UNNATURAL, and everyone else feels that way as well. So I ended up staying closer to the exhibit, and when people came up to look at it and read, I would talk with them, which I really loved. I had some good conversations that way. It was fun. :) And we ate lots of pretzels. 



The Tausch was really good. Sister Erdenetsogt is really cool. She's from Mongolia and was studying in Wien last year when she got her mission call. 


After coming back from Tausch on Thursday, we basically studied, then met with A, then met up with E. She's going back to California in a week. :(

FRIDAY. We went to Mission Leadership Conference. This is where my mind started being blown. I LOVED it. So much. It was SO GOOD. Sister Kohler talked about how to achieve goals. Afterwards, we had a bunch of business. President Kohler showed us a video of this flash mob singing the Hallelujah chorus. It was SO COOL. Man, I am so weird. I really love just listening to classical music and MoTab. I got SO EXCITED while we listened to Music and the Spoken Word. Hahahaha. 

After lunch, the APs talked about the Spirit and having the Holy Ghost with us—especially during the meeting—because we started planning and thinking about ideas for 2015.  Afterward, we had a long discussion about numbers........which blew my mind. BLEW my mind. We looked at the comparison of where the mission as a whole was as far as numbers go, and where we should be if we were all reaching the standards of excellence. Quite a big difference. :P I remember, I used to NOT like numbers. I didn't use them. And that has changed, but now it has changed even more. We were evaluating what is realistic for the mission and considering changing some of the standards of excellence, but then didn't make any final decisions because we were out of time. Man. I wish every missionary could see that. It would change the work a whole lot if people would understand that.

The Kohlers and I. I love them a lot.






















Then. CONFERENCE. Was so good. I loved the theme of prophets. Elder Nelson's talk was especially powerful. I thought there was a lot of focus on that we need to stick to the ship: be consecrated, be the Lord’s, belong to the Lord. It was really, really incredible.

We'll watch the last session tomorrow right before district meeting.

I hope you all have a wonderfully autumn-y week! :) Stay healthy, share the gospel, love it, live it, all that jazz. Know that I love you and am praying for you a whole lot.

Love,
Sis. Wintz.


We made a TON of food for conference yesterday morning. Pasta salad for lunch and lesson with R, then green salad and death slice for our district dinner between sessions. Along with doing training+reading PMG and doing sprach studium at the same time. Hence the German in Review, the paper on the microwave, and PMG out on the table. Hahahaha.




Oktoberfest---We're staying away.


No comments:

Post a Comment