Dear Mom, Dad, and Caf,
Good morning! How are you all doing? Oh my goodness, fall looks GORGEOUS over there. It's so BRIGHT. I love it. The colors over here are beautiful, but not quite as vivid, but beautiful nonetheless. That's so cool that Nathan got to play at BYU!! He looks so good. :)
Monday was a little funny. We went and played volleyball again for P-day, and Damaris came and played with us. :) We went to Family Home Evening, but then ended up sitting outside with R until around 9-ish. We got home late, partially because we had to say goodbye to E, who is flying back to the USA today. :( We prayed and cried and planned and prayed and cried some more, which was really good. Prayer is helpful. Reeeeally healing. Ah.
Tuesday, we finished Conference. :) It was quite nice. I LOVED Elder Ballard's and Elder Bednar's talks. Afterwards, we (all five of us) went to Gerome's (less active) and made burgers.
Thursday was fun. We went to Munich for Zone Conference! President Kohler talked about the House of Israel---how we have received the double portion and are now responsible to take care of our Father's estate. It was REALLY fun. I got to talk with Sister Smiley and Sister Motto. :) And Sister A got to see Elder Sharp, the other Australian in the mission, as well as Sister Smith, her MTC companion. So that was fun. After lunch, we did a training---as in we, the Zone Leaders and STLs---with our zone. It was........good, I think. We challenged them to thoroughly plan how they in their individual areas are going to achieve the mission goal of one baptism in each unit by the end of the year. Afterwards, President talked about working with members. It was reeeeally good.
The last couple weeks, we've been mapping out the former investigators in our area book, and we are just about done! But it's extremely helpful, because now we can just pull them out and go by on them if we're in the area. We're finding that most of them have actually moved away. It bums me out a little sometimes, because there are some records that I read and think that they would be prepared/need to be contacted again, because it's been 5-10 years since the last missionaries contacted them.........only to find out that they don't live there anymore. Ah, well. Working on it.
Yesterday was difficult. Well, Saturday and Sunday both. I felt EXHAUSTED—not just physically tired, but just endurance tired. But, the Sacrament was beautiful, and it brought me peace. After church, though, I got a blessing from Elder Smith, which helped me soooooo much, because it addressed some questions/needs I'd had that morning, which he couldn't have known about. It showed me that Heavenly Father is perfectly aware of me and my circumstances and needs. Much needed. I felt a lot of love.
R taught the investigator class. It was on obedience, which is perfect for him. He loves that topic. He did so well. :) He also got a temple recommend yesterday. SO GOOD. He needs to go to the temple.
After church, we went to the Hs for dinner. It was really wonderful. For the spiritual thought, we talked about Preach My Gospel and missionary work and Roberto essentially gave the spiritual thought. His testimony is so powerful. He's SO COOL.
I love you so much!!! I am so grateful that you're my family. :) You are WONDERFUL.
Love,
Sister Beth.
No comments:
Post a Comment