Monday, February 3, 2014

Welcome to Wiener Wunderland!


Honestly. I can't believe that it's February. 

Liebe Mutter und Vater,

So, how was Groundhog Day? Did Puxatawney Phil see his shadow? It was pretty cloudy yesterday, and if the forecast stimmt (is correct), then we will have a very short winter here in Wiener Neustadt! :) 

So! This week was a little difficult, as far as making out appointments and the weather goes, but not too difficult. And I saw and felt so many miracles.

Monday, we met with F, with Schwester H. She's wonderful. My goodness. And the thing was, Franz needed someone who hasn't been a member of the church for their whole life. And he needed an Austrian. She was very direct about some things, but it only added goodness to the discussion. 

On Wednesday, we had dinner and a lesson with A. She's so wonderful, I tell you. I LOVE her so much. So, so, so, so, so much. We talked about all the places that you've been in Spain, Mom, and it was really fun. J was really surprised how much of Spain you've seen. I sometimes wonder if I should've been sent to Spain on my mission---I love what I have seen from the people here---but no, then I wouldn't have gotten to know these people. And Austria suits me just fine.

Thursday was good. Good, good, good. First, we had a lesson with D.  She said, "I read every day, sometimes more, sometimes less, but I only got through part of the book." We thought, Okay, maybe she's read part of 1 Nephi 1. Nope! She read 1 Nephi 1 through 13! Crazy! So, we just answered her questions, which was fun. 

Then we came back and had normal Thursday things: lunch at the Ps, Spanish class (where I learned how to form the subjunctive for verbs: "Mi madre me ha dicho que yo coma la comida"; "José me ha pedido que yo hable en Espanol." Cool, right?), German class, and then P!  We had a great talk with them.  They told us that it is only because they've been coming to church and beschäftigen (employing, engaging) themselves with the gospel, and because of our prayers and theirs that they are receiving great blessings from Heavenly Father. 

Sunday was wonderful. A came to church!!  Miracle. So we actually had a Spanish Gospel Principles class. In Primary, I was asked to play the piano. And while I was playing the vorspiel, I wanted to play the song "He Sent His Son," but we ran out of time. Then in the middle of singing time, we practiced that song. Tender, tender mercy. :) Then. During Sacrament Meeting, I was sitting next to Schwester E, and I just felt overwhelming love for the people in this ward. I have been here for about six and a half months---that's a while. But I LOVE them so much. Ever so much. It's going to kill me when I need to leave.

Afterwards, we went to the Ks for lunch. It was so much fun. We just talked, half in Englisch, half in German, and laughed so much. And I just was filled with joy and with love. That's how heaven is going to be, I decided multiple times this week: We will be there just surrounded by the people we love. (I thought this also on Wednesday night during our appointment with A.) Because I love them so much. SO much.

Yesterday, I had an AWESOME study. I love studies. I feel like my studies are consistently really, really Spirit-filled on Sundays. On other days as well, but very often on Sundays. I was reading Alma 2, and it struck me how powerful prayer is. It's incredible. I don't know if you know (actually, I know that you know)---prayer is INCREDIBLE. I have learned over and over and over again on my mission that God answers my prayers, no matter how small or insignificant they are. He answers me every single time. And it is such a comfort and a strength to me to be able to talk with my Father in Heaven. He answers me. I KNOW He loves me. I know it! And we can talk with Him through prayer and with the Spirit. It is absolutely incredible.

This week is going to fly by. We have Zone Training tomorrow, Zone Conference the next day, Thursday is completely booked, so our only open days are Friday and Saturday. :) Fun. :) Transfer calls are next week on Valentine's day. I cannot, cannot, cannot believe they're already almost here. This transfer has flown by....

My goodness. I hope you have a wonderful, wonderful week! I love you so much.

Love,
Sister Elizabeth Winters.

2 comments:

  1. She is just fantastic. I love hearing her faith and love for the people there, and the great lessons she learns as she goes about serving with all her heart, might, mind, and strength!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Her excitement and love and testimony! You'd think she just stepped off the plane!

    ReplyDelete