Monday, January 27, 2014

Und plötzlich ist es Winter geworden.


 (And suddenly it was winter.)

Dear Mom and Dad,

Things got reeeeallly cold this week. We went straight from springtime (Monday) to snow (Saturday through today). Brrrrr! It's cold! I liked the springy weather! You can add that to my 2013 In Review page---I'm a little afraid of....when the weather turns cold.



So! This week, I wanted to tell you about the wonderful people we had contact with. I felt like my email last week was just things that we did; so much more important to me are the people I'm with.

On Tuesday, we saw some miracles in the phone calls that we made. We were only going to be in Baden on Thursday (we had an appointment with D), but we also wanted to unbedingt meet with M, so we called D and asked if we could move our appointment from 11 to 10:30. She said yes. We immediately called R (21 year old girl in our ward, a good friend of D's) and asked if she would come. She said yes! Then we called M and asked if we could meet on Thursday around 12---miracle that she said yes. She has very little time. Her Dienst schedule as a nurse is unpredictable---irregular. But she agreed. We then called Schwester E and asked if she would be our joint teach, and she said yes, she'd make time to do it! Crazy! All in ten minutes! 

That afternoon, we did a bit of dooring to find where this woman, B, lives. She was a referral from Br. S. And miracle, we found her really, really quickly, and she invited us in, so we talked with her and her family, and it was wonderful. They were so nice.

Wednesday, we worked on helping J (member) move, then went and had Chinese food with Schwester H. 

Thursday was the crazy day. We went to Baden and had a wonderful lesson with D---we talked about the Book of Mormon and how important it is to gain a testimony of the book by praying and asking about it. She's great.  We then had a lesson with M. She is a nurse, and you can see that deep down inside, she knows the church is true! Schwester E put it the right way: "Sie ist jetzt verliebt in die Kirche---sie muss jetzt lernen, die Kirche zu lieben." She's in love with the church---but now she needs to come to love it. She's really great. She is a nurse, and her schedule is unpredictable, but we try to meet with her as often as we can. It turns out that she and Sister E have a TON of friends in common. The lesson itself was really great as well---Sister E told about how she came to know the Church. The Spirit was really strong.

We had GMK, then Spanish class, then German class, then PFK, then came home. 

On Friday was interesting. We helped clean J's apartment. She is Bishop's cousin, and she is fun. She just got married; Halloween was her reception. She is always looking for ways to serve.  After we cleaned her apartment, then went to district interviews. It was really, really good. President Miles told me that I'll use my Spanish wherever I go in the mission. It just made me feel like he really cares about me, and I was grateful for it. I actually prayed in Spanish---he wanted me to---and that was fun.

I love this. So much. It's incredible. I am so, so grateful to be on a mission! The Book of Mormon is absolutely true. It has really become my favorite book, because it means everything to me. As does the gospel.

I'm really, really grateful especially this week for you---for the people in my life. My family especially, my friends, the people I serve here, the people who serve me there. Thank you, thank you, thank you for your goodness and love and prayers and support. I appreciate it SO MUCH and I don't really know how to repay you...... Someday, I'll figure it out.

Love,
Sister Winters


We made Spanish tortilla.

No comments:

Post a Comment