Monday, January 20, 2014

It feels like March

Dear Mom and Dad,

Is there still snow? Because really---it feels so much like March. I think the cold will kill me, because it has been so pleasant here. I didn't need a coat yesterday until the evening. I think it's going to get colder this week though (per the forecast that Mom sent me), and that doesn't make me happy..... (sigh). I suppose winter has to come sometime.

Well. This week was really, really interesting. And good.

So Monday, we met with F. I actually wrote about him.......back on Conference weekend. We met him d gave him a Book of Mormon, then he was on holiday for five weeks, and since then, we've been trying to meet with him. And last Monday, we did! It was so cool. I'm trying to focus on teaching baptism for the remission of sins---through Christ's Atonement. And the lesson---he just asked questions that directed the conversation straight to it. It was really cool. We're meeting with him again tonight.

Tuesday we went on a Tausch (exchange). I stayed in Wiener Neustadt with Sister Judd, and Sister Regnier and Sister Jencks worked together in Graz. It was so fun. Wednesday, we (Sister Judd and I) went up to Baden, and zufälligerweise (coincidentally) found a less active on our way to visit a potential. It was so cool. And I just felt like we accomplished so much good. We contacted so many people. Only one person actually gave us their number and said that we could come back, but it just felt so good to talk with people.

Sister Judd and I

That night, we went to A's. It was great. I taught a piano lesson to P, then J came up and we taught A. It's really interesting teaching her. She doesn't believe in God. She's not opposed to the idea that God could exist---she simply doesn't believe it. But José said that there will come a time in her life when she will need Him---need to know if God is there. And that day when she believes, it'll click! She understands everything very logically. And she said that when it clicks, she'll call me and tell me that it clicked. :) And I have no doubt that on that day, she will be baptized. She doesn't do things halfway. And with Guillermo as her husband, she is in a very optimal condition for that to happen. I just want to be there when she does get baptized.

Yesterday was good, too. We did a personal touch for B (one of our investigators) and made Oreo balls (SO GOOD), along with a note. We had church, then went to the Ps. They are really wonderful. Schwester P is Primary President, and Bruder P is the German Gospel Principles teacher. Wonderful, wonderful people. 

We talked with H for a minute (her sister is in town), then went down to Marz to the S family. It was fun. Sister Jencks wanted to get to know them better, so we talked for a while. Then, we practiced teaching part of the Restoration, and that was really good for us, too.

I love this work. I really, really do. The gospel means so much more to me than it ever did in my life, and I love living it and sharing it with others. I know Heavenly Father is taking good care of me here. :) And I'm so grateful for prayer. It is such a source of strength to me, to know that I can talk with my Heavenly Father.

I love you so, so, so much! I hope you have a great week!
Love,
Sister Elizabeth Winters

No comments:

Post a Comment