Guuuuten Moooooorgen, Mutti und Vati!!!! :)
AH! I'm so happy! I honestly didn't think the transition would go so well, but it did. Heavenly Father is helping me a lot.
AAAAHHH. Welcome to Stuttgart! Well, I should probably start with Monday, in Wiener Neustadt.
Monday, we went to the Hs for dinner and FHE, which was wonderful. I love them so much. The elders gave the spiritual thought, and so as part of it, we went around the table and bore our testimonies. The elders went first, then Sr. Hladky, then Bishop, then the sisters. And I felt kinda small-ish bearing my testimony after Bishop, because they have been through a lot, they're more experienced, etc. But. There are still things that I know and of which I can bear my testimony, so I did.
Oh, man. You know how you love lots of things and lots of people for different reasons for each one? I love Austria. So much. I was so sad to leave. But I love Germany---for different reasons. Sigh.
Tuesday night, we went to the Es for dinner. B and L came along, which made me really happy, because I otherwise wouldn't have been able to see B before I left. One thing I've decided (Have I said this before?)---Heaven is going to be the place where I am surrounded by the people I love. It has to be. Not separated by continents or oceans, but all right together.
But, really. That's one thing I've learned on my mission SO STRONGLY. Heavenly Father gives us the incredible opportunity to love people, and it hurts with separation. But it is such a gift to be able to love others and to serve them. And the great thing about a mission is that it is exactly that---we get to serve and love so many people! But it hurts so much to leave.
Wednesday was a bit rough. We went and visited the Vs, who are so sweet. She kept saying, "When you get old, you'll tell your children about that old Schwester V who just talked and talked and let the soup spill over, etc." (The soup spilled over that day. She was a bit upset, because this was the first time that Sister Jencks was there, and so she likes to have everything perfect, but it wasn't.) I reassured her that we love her all the same---SO MUCH--- and that I would tell my children and grandchildren about Schwester V who has so much love for everyone.
The rest of our time, we had Sprach Studium (a.k.a. write notes to the ward members in German), then we went to S's for dinner. That was difficult. They're my favorite. I started telling S about my life, which was great. We're going to be friends forever. I love her so much.
Thursday, I got up at 5:30, then took the 7:00 train to Wien. My train left at 8:30 from Westbahnhof. Oh, man. It was difficult and wonderful. I actually haven't cried since Sunday, and I didn't cry on the train, even though there were times that I wanted to. But just driving and driving through Austria was wonderful. And hard. I don't know when I'm going to come back. But it was beautiful. We had a large group of missionaries heading to Munich, which was fun. I SAW SISTER SCOGGIN IN MUNICH! It made me SO HAPPY. Oh my goodness. I LOVE that girl. And now she's Emily, not Sister Scoggin, and that picture that you sent me is so wonderful and hard and good and weird. But I saw her!!! I love her so much. SO SO SO much. AH. There were so many people.
It was so weird being in Germany and coming back into Munich. The last time I was in Munich was seven months ago (7 months today....) when I came into the mission. And it was so weird coming in and just realizing that I have to concentrate on understanding the voice in Bahnhof because I'm so used to listening to Austrian, not German. And realizing that I'm home (well, my European home). I'm in Germany, where I need to be right now. Again. That excitement, that feeling that I'm coming home.
Aaaaand I had a three hour wait at Bahnhof. Sister Armstrong and I bought Elder Morrill a piece of pie because it was his birthday on Wednesday, and the APs tease-schimpfed us for not calling him and wishing him happy birthday, so we just left all the elders and bought him a piece of cake. :) HAH. Personal Touch right there. Sneaky sister power. :D Then Sister Smith and Sister Gilmour came in, and Sister Armstrong and Sister Smith had to leave right away, so they just hugged, picked up the bags, and left.
Sister Gilmour and I had a bit to wait, so we just talked and talked and talked. Oh, my goodness, I love this girl so much. She's SO sweet. She cares about every individual person so much. And she wants to work hard and be a good missionary. Honestly. This transfer (I hope we get to work for two....) is going to be so much fun.
We had a FHV activity on Thursday night. Friday, I got to see the JAE (young adult) center, and we visited the G family, who are actually part of the military ward. So fun and so cute. We are actually borrowed a lot to do some missionary work for the military ward.
Saturday, we had stake conference, and Sunday was a regional conference. Saturday was good; the speakers (two couples) before the musical number talked about their conversion stories (which was also how-they-got-married stories), then after that, the stake presidency bore their testimonies, and that was good. We went to sushi with the Wells (from Orem), Erin (from CA, our investigator), the elders, and Kathrin (NB in the ward). It was a lot of fun. :)
Sunday, we had regional conference. Elder Bednar spoke in German (not translated). It was so good and so spiritual and all about missionary work. :) We visited Schwester L for lunch, then came home and finished planning. Companion inventory is the best. I love it so much. :) And we LOVE each other so much.
Notes about Germany:
- The trains---all Bahns that we ever take---are so smooth! They just glide along!
- I haven't heard Schwaebisch yet. BUT. The German is so clear. INCREDIBLY clear. I understand about every single word. It's so different coming from Austria. My goodness.
- They have ridiculously cool escalators! There are some that can go both directions! They stop when no one is on it, but when someone walks on, it starts going. But you can also go in both directions!
- We ride Bahns all the time. ALL the time. Contacting is so fun, because we just sit down and talk. Everyone we've talked with so far has been super nice.
- I think there is pleasant weather all around the mission right now, because Sister Gilmour says that it hasn't snowed at all. It's gorgeous.
Well. I'm excited! I love you all SO MUCH, and hope you have a wonderful week! :)
Love,
Sister Elizabeth Winters
Our district
Transfers! They are really happening!
All the sisters in the zone
Last comp picture in front of the train that took Sister Winters to Munich!
The missionaries that are staying are getting prepared for the fun run!
Running with the train---a tradition that only happens in Vienna! We run with the train as fast and far as we can go, while waving goodbye to our companions.

this post pulled at my heart strings. Note to self - Next time reading Sister Winters blog, have tissue on hand!
ReplyDelete