Dear Mom and Dad and fam,
Oh meine Gute. I think.........things are moving too quickly.
Hi! Man, this week looks fun. WELTMEISTERSCHAFT. Okay. For one, it's my new favorite contacting strategy, because I don't know who's playing whom nor when they're playing (except for USA-Deutschland) and EVERYONE likes to talk about it. AND I can say that I'm from America and that gets people asking me why I'm here. ;) I love it. Germany is HUGE on this whole soccer thing. And it's way fun. :) President Miles gave us permission to watch two games---none on Sunday, and we have to be accomplishing missionary work by attending it. But yeah. Probably going to watch the one on Thursday (DEUTSCHLAND!!) ;) with some of our investigators and JAEs.
Okay, well this week was really good. We are on to something---becoming very consecrated, very accountable missionaries for the Lord. I love it. Our studies are so focused around that, and it's wonderful.
Last Monday, we went to Schloss Solitude with the district, then to Cafe Cookies, then we taught R the Plan of Salvation. It was so clear to him. He knew parts of it beforehand, but said, "I've never had someone explain it so clearly to me before." It all makes sense to him, and I love it. He's so cool.
Wednesday, we met with E and the Zauggs, which was so good. We're addressing some of her concerns (why God lets bad things happen, i.e. war and natural disasters; and homosexuality), and she's listening—hopefully also with her heart. We also met with R again. We read 2 Nephi 31 and talked about the gospel of Jesus Christ. It is incredible watching him grow so much and soak everything in. Praying a lot for him.
Friday, we had an AWESOME appointment with the Hs. We went over to talk about missionary work---but we only wanted it to be a short visit, because we didn't want to impose on their time. So we went over and had a short discussion, but the Spirit was so strong and guided us a lot. We want to do better about meeting with the members and helping them do missionary work. And that was the start of it all. Mmmm. It was good.
After that, we had an appointment with E, a less active from Brazil. Her husband's not a member. So we went to her home, got lost finding our way around (but not too lost) and then she came and found us. We thought she was going to feed us..........but she didn't.....awkward. Anyways. We plaudered (chattered) for way too long, then feststelled that we would just share a quick gospel message and then leave, so we did so.
MIRACLE of the day: We walked out of the appointment and Sister Arnold turned to me and said, "I understood 95% of what was going on in that appointment,” without having to translate it from German into English in her head. I am SO PROUD of this girl. Her German IS getting better---I can see it and she's able to understand much more. Her confidence is growing and I LOVE IT.
Sunday, yesterday, was way good. R and Frau S came to church. The elders came into the gospel principles class after priesthood was over and said, "You two have the coolest investigator ever." So the Thema was gratitude and Pres. Uchtdorf's talk, and they were talking for things they're all grateful for, and R raised his hand and said, "I'm grateful for the missionaries that found me and brought me to this church." Awwww...... he's awesome. July 12th.
Then I also loved Sacrament Meeting. I love taking the Sacrament. I love feeling clean, and that's how I felt yesterday.
And I also really love my companion. Sister Arnold is teaching me so much. She has such a strong testimony of God's love and she's helping me see that in my life even more. She is such a strength to me. I love her. She's doing AWESOME. We're going to have a fun transfer.
Phone call last night:
Me: "Elder Escher, I want you to know that this is going to be a transfer of miracles."
Elder Escher: "I know, my friend, I know."
Yes, it is.
I love you so much. So so so so much! Have fun watching the game on Thursday! I may be cheering for Germany.......we'll see. I'm torn. ;)
Love,
Sister Beth Winters
A few pictures from transfer day:
Beth with her MTC companion, Sister Siems
Elder Jerman
Lots of missionaries at the train station.










No comments:
Post a Comment