Dear Mom and Dad,
So......I cut my hair. I LOVE the length my hair is at right now. :) We went and got ice cream with both sets of our elders and the Waiblingen elders, too. Way fun. Love them.
Tuesday, we visited A. She's less active but super nice and friendly and sweet. Sometimes I wonder why people are less active.
Wednesday, we visited H, an older woman in our ward who is VERY active and wonderfully nice. :) Then, we went and did emails, Sport Abend, and did the Young Women activity! It was really, really fun. :) We took the girls out to ice cream and talked about family history. Pretty short but tons of fun. I love them SO much. They're so cute. Every other week, we go into Young Women during the RS hour, and we trade off. (So usually I make it in there once a month or so.) But I love them and the Young Women program is SO GOOD. AH! I love it. It's so much fun. In the evening, we went to dinner with the Bensons and our district and Erin. (Well, the Bensons are in our district, too.)
Thursday was a holiday (which means everything is dead). So we studied. We visited Frau S, which was really good, then other members.
Afterwards, we went to the Ws, which was a lot of fun. We played Zug am Zug (Ticket to Ride in German---for the U.S.! They even had Salt Lake on there! :) ) and had a really good discussion about the Atonement. Br. W's testimony was really powerful. I don't know him very well because he lives and works up in another city, but he comes down and visits on the holidays. But his testimony of Atonement was really beautiful.
Friday, we mostly planned, and we met the Zauggs! They're the new Ehepaar (senior couple) here. SO GOOD. They were on a mission in Salzburg and Wien about 17 months ago, and now they're back on another mission! They are SO SWEET and are going to be amazing. But it's going to be hard to let the Bensons leave. They are also incredible and so full of love. I love them SO much.
Friday, we also went to the Ss’ home---a member in the international ward. On base.
Saturday, we had a golden/trainer meeting, then a finding day, where we found certain places that Elder Escher had taken pictures of, and we found people along the way. Lots of fun! :)
Then, we had a lesson/appointment with S (non-member) and with T, one of her best friends (who is a member). It was really good. We invited her to be baptized and she talked about some of her concerns. Not quite ready to accept it yet, but she is just so ready. Please pray for her.
Anyways. Sunday was good. The biggest thing, though, was the Relief Society lesson in the international ward. The bishop felt really strongly that the ward needed to be aware of and discuss the topic of homosexuality. During Sunday School, I just had a lot of thoughts that I wanted to clear up before the lesson started, so I just wrote. I wrote about how I also believe that marriage is between a man and a woman. It was a pretty incredible thinking time. See, the thing is, it wouldn't work any other way. Heavenly Father created a plan---that His children would come to earth to receive bodies and "gain earthly experience to progress toward perfection." The only way that is going to happen is a man and a woman together. And we can be sealed together for time and for all eternity---forEVER---in families. I don't think I've ever been so excited to have a family---to get married, sealed, to my own husband and have my own children and to be together forever.
I read "The Family: A Proclamation to the World" this morning for studies. And I had so many thoughts, and I don't have enough time to write them. But I am really, really, really, really grateful for you. I want you to know that I was SO blessed to be in the family that I am now, because of who you are and the way you raised me. Heavenly Father is so good to me. You are incredible, and you mean more to me every day, too. I love you SO much. I wish I could tell you more of my thoughts and feelings......but I'm out of time.
I love you! Have a WON-DER-FUL week.
Love,
Sister Beth Winters






No comments:
Post a Comment