Monday, May 5, 2014

My life is a book….

In other news, I'm training.

I am in shock.

And Sister Gilmour is going to ZOLLIKOFEN, which is right where the temple is.  Sigh.


Dear Mom and Dad,

My life is crazy. OH my goodness. I keep going up and down with this whole training thing. But yeah, I'm in shock. SUPER excited, really nervous, but I'm still really excited. It will be a lot of fun. :D I can't wait.  But at the same time, I can definitely wait as long as possible until Sister Gilmour leaves. That's going to be really hard.

Oh, man. This week. Our lives. Are INSANE.

Answers to your questions:
1. Only outside of English class do we really speak Spanish with our ladies. They have copies of the Book of Mormon in Spanish, and I really want to start trying to meet and talk about it more.
2. E's birthday celebration was really fun. We made her a card---well, a cake, 30 candles, and hearts with things that told her why we love her. Then on Wednesday, we went out to lunch---we being the Bensons (senior couple), all of the elders, us two, E, and her good friend, M. It was WAY fun.
3. We ate Frikadellen---not normal for the USA.  


Okay. Highlights of the week.

Tuesday. Dinner with the H family.  They're wonderful.  Institute afterwards with E and a bunch of people; it was all about the Plan of Salvation, temple work, and family history.

Funny: the "Missing Member" named Br. Benson.........turned out to be Elder Benson. Hahahaha.

Wednesday. Wonderful discussion---about the law of chastity---with Sister G. Just practicing. It was really good, and I really enjoyed it. Afterwards, we had lunch with E! Which was so much fun. 


Thursday:  Elder Timothy Dyches came and spoke to us.  It was so good. I don't have my study notebook on me, but I do remember that there was a lot of guidance. The thing that I loved about it, too, was that he served a mission here in Germany, so he understands exactly how the missionary work goes. Which is a relief. But it was so good. And I saw Elder Huff and Elder Morey and that was SO fun. I really love the friends I've made out here.

Then we had a finding day. So Sister Gilmour and I went out and talked to this man from Hungary. It was really cool. He and the Sister Training Leaders (Sis. Motto and Sis. Wunderli, who is from Hungary) set up an appointment to meet the next day (because the STLs stayed for Mission Leadership Council). So that was fun.  The train ride home was long. I was ready to be done with the day.







Friday, we met with D. That morning, I prayed and asked Heavenly Father to help me while I studied in preparation for our lesson with her, which he did. And that allowed me to help testify really boldly and be really firm. I loved it. Relied heavily on the Spirit.

We did beading with S and S and E and K. Lots of fun.

Saturday---TRANSFER CALLS. Seriously, I was going into shock the whole day. The entire day. Holy cow. I still cannot, cannot, cannot believe I'm training. It's really overwhelming. That's for sure. But I am SO EXCITED. Oh, my goodness.

We went spontaneously to the Cs' old apartment to help clean after their move, then went to the Ws’ for lunch with the elders. We talked about looking forward, which was really good. Going forward with faith. We went to S and J's that night and had another discussion around the same topic. But there was something interesting I thought. 

My life is like a book. There are different chapters, and I think usually my chapters revolve around people. At least, on a mission, they do. My companions, my wards, etc. But sometimes those chapters come to an end. Well, not even sometimes. But right at that point, I realized, those chapters are still part of me. This companionship chapter may close, but Sister Chloe Gilmour still changed my life and will still be part of me. Forever. It's my book. That's me. She's still in there.  Just time periods that close and move on. But I will still always have those things. :) Which makes it a little easier, though it still will be hard. I cried last night. Probably not the last time, either.

Yesterday, we went to six hours of church. Spent a lot of good time with S and O, and with E, then went to GMK and German church. I loved it. It was so good. Then we went to the Fs' home. V is HILARIOUS. I was dying laughing. Oh, man. But we had a really, really good lesson with X about Mosiah 18. It was so good. She's so great. X is so empfindlich for the Holy Ghost. I love it. And she's learning and growing so much.

Also, I want to learn Italian. My goodness.

That's all. I'm going to Munich this week. It's going to be good and hard to leave Sister Gilmour, but sssshhhh, Chloe and Beth are going to do a bunch of wonderful things together next year. It's so good that we're so close to each other.

I also thought something. I take goodbyes SO HARD. Oh, man. That's one of the hardest things for me is saying goodbye. But I wonder if es hat zu tun with the fact that I am a person who is driven by love. Love and relationships and serving other people. Not quite exactly sure, but that love sure makes it really, really hard to say goodbye. It's going to be hard but good. I love Sister Gilmour.

I hope you have a wonderful week. :) I'll see all your loverly faces next Sunday.

Bis dann,
Sister Elizabeth Winters


Love you all so much.


No comments:

Post a Comment