Monday, May 12, 2014

I am here to learn.

But, really.

So...........we talked yesterday. Hahahaha I LOVE YOU SO MUCH. :D It made my day, my night, just everything. I walked out and Sister Wloka said, "I'm sure talking with your family wasn't fun AT ALL, right?" :) Just because I was laughing so much. Oh, man. It's good. You're the greatest family ever.

Dear Mom and Dad,

It was SO GOOD to talk with you yesterday. Total komisch (strange), but really, really good. 

Okay. Here's the week:

Monday, we met with the Familie F. They're fun.

Tuesday, we had an appointment with C. She's actually done a lot with hypnosis, and so because of that, she believes in a life before this life as well as afterwards.....… but she believes we're reincarnated as ourselves (I think) in order to make better decisions. Really interesting. I'm excited. :)

Wednesday was really interesting. We went to Rathaus (city hall) and got Sister Gilmour abmelded ("logged out" because she's being transferred), then had lunch with E. Afterwards, we went to Bahnhof and wrote emails, then sat outside and (finally) had comp inventory. It was so good---I love her so much. It was hard. Really hard. But good. 

So then. Here's how transfers went. Sister Powell and I were heading to our Gleis, and she realized that Sister Harman still had the phone. So we RAN back inside Bahnhof to find them, but couldn't. That was rough. So we ran back to our train (we had three minutes), and found Sister Harman right there on the Gleis.  She handed us the phone, then we tried to get on the train. But then, a.) it wasn't an ICE, b.) it wasn't moving, and c.) it was 70 minutes late. Finally, at 4:10 (10 minutes before we're supposed to be on the train), we headed over to the Gleis. And there was an ICE there, so we tried to get in the first door we could, but the DB woman wouldn't let us on. The doors closed, and the train pulled out........... I sat there in panic, because it takes over two hours to get to Munich, and the whole thing at the office started at 6, and we may have just missed our train.  We said a prayer, the next train came in, and we got on and rode to Munich.

By the time we got to the mission home, it was 7:45, and they had all waited for us. So then we had dinner, then talked about our areas and found out who was going where! Yes, I have Sister Alexis (Alex) Arnold. She's wonderful. And honestly, I think she's got it more figured out than I do. I am sure that a huge reason for this calling was so that I can learn.  

So, that was Wednesday! The stress actually helped a bit with the sadness of leaving Sister Gilmour, so that was good. Maybe Heavenly Father knew I needed to just run around for a train and a phone.  I slept at the mission home on Wednesday night.

Thursday, we had some trainer training, which was good. When we went to Bahnhof, I got to see SO MANY PEOPLE! :) It was fun.  Oh, man, I'm going to miss our district........... I really love people, and our elders are wonderful. Anyways, it was fun. I played Sister Freimann's ukulele. :) And I got to hold the Office Elders' transfer "map." Seriously. I would work in the office so GERN (gladly) just to figure out transfers. I do that kind of stuff sehr, sehr gern.




Transfers

Friday, we anmelded (registered), then went to A's. We had lunch with his family.  The elders were discussing with A how his mission affected him, and he said, "The most important thing is that you serve the members. Because that's how they will trust you. Just go in and serve. Observe, then do something." And I loved that. I needed to hear that. I want to be like that. Just serving the members.

On Saturday, we made lunch with E then talked with her about families. She's doing well.

We had weekly planning at the center, then we went to S's. And that appointment was good and interesting. Because we helped her clean and cooked a little bit, and I just talked about anything I could, trying to make a connection with S, because I'm still trying to build a relationship with her. Sister Arnold didn't say much. But then, when I went to get my nails painted by by kids, she was still there with S, and S just opened up. Oh, man. She really needed someone to listen to her, and Sister Arnold totally understood that, and so she was there to just let S  talk with her. She's so good. Both of them. I have a rockin' awesome golden, let me tell you.

And yesterday was good. We basically just went to church and then Skyped. Sister Arnold bore her testimony in church, and that was so good. Her German is far better than she thinks it is, and we're working on it. Sister Arnold is very gentle, and she has her head on straight. She knows what she's doing here as a missionary, and I think my only role really should be to guide her a little bit on how to do it. But she understands people and she knows how to connect with them. It's so good. There has been the temptation? (I don't know if that's the right word) this week for me to talk and talk to fill the space, because she doesn't talk a lot, and the language still is a challenge, but I have really seen multiple times this week when I should just be quiet and listen to her and listen to the Spirit. I'm figuring it out.

So, there you go. 

I LOVE YOU ALL. Coming on a mission is one of the greatest things I've ever done. I'm SO so happy. It's really wonderful. I'm learning---I think I'm different in the way I see the missionary work. And I've tried to do it in different ways but then coming back to where I started is so good because it is so solid. Mmm….I love it. I'm learning.

I love you so much!
Love, love, love,
Sister Beth Winters


No comments:

Post a Comment