Emphasis on dreaming. No snow (yet.). I don't know if we'll get snow before Christmas. But the wind is bitter cold.
Guten Morgen, Mutti und Vati!
How is the season winding down? We're not winding down at all. The work is picking up. And I'm just so happy. All around.
We saw a miracle on Tuesday when we went to Berndorf. The guy, A, that we found last week, didn't give us his address, but told us that he lived "over there." Didn't really want to give us his number. So, when we went back up to Berndorf, we went to the stop where we'd met him. We really had no idea how to get in contact with him, so we said a prayer. The Spirit was very strong in guiding us over to this building, where a woman was just sitting at the window, smoking. We asked her if she knew where an A lived, and apparently, he lived just right below her! Miracle. Unfortunately, he wasn't home.
We taught A2 Wednesday evening. We're starting to teach her for 30 minutes, and very, very simply. That's what she needs most. So we taught from the beginning of the Restoration lesson, God is our Loving Heavenly Father, and the Gospel is a Blessing for Families. And it was really sweet. I'm learning more and more how I need to learn to teach simply. Sometimes I talk too much.
We had GMK (ward mission council), and afterwards, we went caroling to A2 and G and their family. It was SO MUCH FUN. I loved it. I think we're going caroling a couple more times before the season's out.
PFK (PEC) in the evening-about home/visiting teaching. I learned a couple things: I am SO grateful for visiting teaching (and home teaching.) It is so important. And I keep seeing that and feeling that on my mission. 2. I am so grateful for the blessing of being part of these meetings and seeing how a ward functions---not just a student ward, but a normal ward. Bishop H runs things really well and really takes care of the ward.
Sport was awesome. I played ping pong with all the Spanish-speaking people. Jose's niece S is here, and she's less active. She's studying languages, so she's out here for six or seven months. :) And we had a gooood time. We just talked so much together, played ping pong, and talked with José. It was so good and definitely ministering time.
We went to Gloggnitz because we wanted to visited Frau S, the referral we received from Church HQ back in September or so. We'd lost contact, but then decided we should just try one more time. So we went down and went by on her, and she was home! And she wants contact! She'd just lost her phone, so she had no way to call us, so we're going to get back in touch. (That's the hard thing about Christmas season.....) But total MIRACLE.
Yesterday was just a day full of blessings. It was the Primary Program, which was just adorable. I taught (spontaneously) the lesson in Sunday School about la Santa Cena. (Yes, in Spanish.) P came to church. She said in Sunday School that she has noticed a difference in her life and her family's life since starting coming to church. She's so incredible. My goodness. She just needs to get baptized. We're getting there. I love her so much.
Then, we went back home, studied, and had a lesson with L (who is a member) and his wife, B. Again. The food was delicious. And then we talked about the Book of Mormon, gave her one, and she became a new investigator! Heavenly Father is just taking care of us. Honestly. We don't see everything that he does. Now, we have three investigators, who are all the wives of members of the Church. :) Fun, right?
One thing I love about Sister Scoggin is that we are such good friends. In my blessing that either Dad gave me or when President Wilkes set me apart, I was told that I would work in unity with my companions and that the ward would see it and......trust us more? But we are so unified. Four transfers. :) It's awesome. There are a few people in my life whom I know well enough and am comfortable enough around to know that I can really, really just be myself, and I don't have to worry about them judging me or my limitations or weird characteristics. :) Sister Scoggin is one of those.
Well. This week should go by reeeally fast. There is so much to do. I love you so much. So so so much. I can't wait to talk with you next week.
Love,
Your favoritest missionary in all of the world!
Sister Elizabeth Jill Winters.
What a blessing to serve with a companion she loves so very much! She does such a great job conveying her love for all the the people she meets & teaches, I felt her tender, Christ like care as she mentioned her experiences this week.
ReplyDeleteI am going to use that quote "Heavenly Father is just taking care of us…we don't see everything that He does." I love that and needed to hear that this week. Thank you Sister Winters!!!
ReplyDelete