1. How many missionaries are there in the whole MTC?
I think about 50. It is a very different experience from the Provo MTC. (More than just numbers, too.) Next week, there'll be 91 coming. 27 are coming from around the world to study German. It's the first 6-week, German as a second language program here. So that's cool. And they'll all go out to the Alpine mission.
2. How many missionaries are in your district? Are there other Americans?
There are ten people in our district. Six are from Germany, one from Switzerland, one from Sweden, one from France, and me. It's terrifying and amazing. I am learning German ever so quickly. The first day was a bit hard, because I knew that I'm not very good at German. But I'm listening very intently. And right now, I can understand about 90% of what is being said, if I can hear it clearly. Wenn nicht, dann nicht so gut. But, I'm amazed. I feel the Lord's power and blessing in this so much. Of the three that don't speak German as a first language, I am the most advanced, even though I've only had four years. (Jill's note: 3 years in high school and two semesters at BYU)
There are ten people in our district. Six are from Germany, one from Switzerland, one from Sweden, one from France, and me. It's terrifying and amazing. I am learning German ever so quickly. The first day was a bit hard, because I knew that I'm not very good at German. But I'm listening very intently. And right now, I can understand about 90% of what is being said, if I can hear it clearly. Wenn nicht, dann nicht so gut. But, I'm amazed. I feel the Lord's power and blessing in this so much. Of the three that don't speak German as a first language, I am the most advanced, even though I've only had four years. (Jill's note: 3 years in high school and two semesters at BYU)
3. Do you like the food? The video said that the chefs prepare English and other international foods.
Food is great. It's delicious. We had spinach salad yesterday, and I was so excited. We haven't had spinach salad otherwise, but there is lettuce and stuff. it is really good. (Jill's note: We eat a lot of spinach salad at home.)
Food is great. It's delicious. We had spinach salad yesterday, and I was so excited. We haven't had spinach salad otherwise, but there is lettuce and stuff. it is really good. (Jill's note: We eat a lot of spinach salad at home.)
4. Does everyone have P-day on the same day?
Yes. Two zones here in the MTC, so we just trade times. We went to the temple this morning, and are now doing normal p-day stuff, and I think the other zone did emails and store and stuff this morning and are now at the temple.
Yes. Two zones here in the MTC, so we just trade times. We went to the temple this morning, and are now doing normal p-day stuff, and I think the other zone did emails and store and stuff this morning and are now at the temple.
5. Do you get German instruction, or just missionary instruction? How is your German doing?
Yes and yes. German's amazing. I can speak and I'm amazed. I get asked very very often how German's going, and I tell them great, because it is. And people talk and I translate. It's amazing. It really is a miracle to me.
Yes and yes. German's amazing. I can speak and I'm amazed. I get asked very very often how German's going, and I tell them great, because it is. And people talk and I translate. It's amazing. It really is a miracle to me.
6. Do you get to go into a town to tract while you’re there at the MTC? Nope. We're going into town for the store in another hour or so, but not to tract.
7. Have you been able to bless others with your music yet?
Yes. I've played piano a couple times, but the German district, is singing a German hymn sometime during this stay here, and so I played piano and played choir director, too. Helped everyone with parts. It was so cool.
Yes. I've played piano a couple times, but the German district, is singing a German hymn sometime during this stay here, and so I played piano and played choir director, too. Helped everyone with parts. It was so cool.
No comments:
Post a Comment