Monday, July 22, 2013



July 22, 2013
Preston England MTC

I don't have much time---only five minutes. I won't get to email after this, but I want you to know that this Church is true! :)  The Spirit is so amazing. Quick things about the last couple days---it's been quite hard. I've been pretty down on myself and my teaching and my German. But Saturday, we taught a lesson COMPLETELY guided by the Spirit. I could feel the Spirit putting the right words into my head as I was speaking. Such an amazing experience. And we committed ''Ingolf'' to baptism! By far the best lesson we've taught. If I can teach like that my whole mission, all of Germany would be converted. ;) But really. I was just the instrument---the Spirit was definitely the teacher. It was incredible.

Yesterday was great. We watched a devotional from Pres. Bednar from Dec. 2011. Point: Be like Christ---His character---turn outward with love and compassion instead of inward as the natural man would do. It was SO powerful. Even in His hardest times, he turned outward with love and compassion to others, didn't think about Himself. It's amazing. That's my life goal. I want to be able to, even in my trials, turn outward and serve. And that is exactly why I'm here.

Testimony meeting was amazing. Right when it started, Spirit hit me like a wall and said I was supposed to bear my testimony in German. Right then. I was absolutely terrified. My heart has never beat SO hard before bearing my testimony. But I did it. It was short, but good. And the whole meeting---all three hours of it---was absolutely amazing.

I love you! The Church is true. I am SO excited to get out to Germany. TWO DAYS!!!!

Love,
Sister Elizabeth Winters

Note: travel plans. We have to get up at 3:45, leave at 4:45, and then our flight leaves Manchester at 6:55 a.m. So I'll call you sometime between when we get there and I leave, which'll probably be 11 p.m. your time. Which is good---not 3 a.m. ;) I love you. I'm writing you physical letters, I promise, and I promise I will get better at this whole email thing. I love you so much!!

No comments:

Post a Comment