Monday, December 22, 2014

I'm dreaming in black and white.

Dear Family,

HI HI HI HI HI HI HI! I'm going to see you on Thursday!! Hahahahaha, we're SO EXCITED over here. Every day. Counting down.

Highlights of this week:
-We went on Tausch with Linz. I was with Sister Arnold and we stayed there. OH, my goodness, that was so good for both of us. On Wednesday, we went and visited a member and had lunch, then went back and contacted a zillion people. And Sister Arnold was a rock star contacting and keeping going even though we were dead tired. AH I love her so much. It was reeeeally cool to be able to Tausch with her. She's grown a lot. I love her sooo much.

-Wednesday night, we went to the Hs and read from the Restoration pamphlet. The Hs are making SO MUCH PROGRESS, it's incredible. Friday night, we went over there and read in the Book of Mormon with them and the Spirit was so good. And then THE WHOLE FAMILY ALL CAME TO CHURCH. Well, to Sacrament Meeting. But they all came. And we're going over there tomorrow to meet with them and to help them decorate their Christmas tree!! (The Christmas trees are only decorated RIGHT before Christmas here.)

-Lots of talking with people this week. I LOVE it. The little pass-along cards for the "He Is The Gift" video are wonderful. Christmas is SO FUN. I am loving it more than I ever have.  

And I think I actually got to a point where I understand and can actually apply it---I am in charge of my attitude and my mood. And if I start by saying it will be a struggling day and people won't want to talk to us, well, that's probably how it will be. But if I can wake up and start the day with the right perspective, the day is wonderful. And I saw that a lot this week. 

Friday, we talked to a whole lot of people and gave a whole lot of people cards and lots of good conversations and stuff. But then on Saturday, there weren't as many. Lots of people said no. I felt like we were just doing something rehearsed. But the Spirit said to keep going, that we are reaching some people---and so you just have to push all the no's aside and just keep trying to find that one person. And the next person we talked with took a card. Seemed really interested. And the wonderful, sweet old woman, who, when we said hello to her, she said with the brightest eyes, "Haaalooo!" And proceeded to vigorously shake our hands and talk with us. It was SO CUTE. Anyways. It makes a HUGE difference. 

I think that's why I'm a lot happier in my emails. (Not that I wasn't happy, just "ecstatic," like you said, Mom.) Because I am! And I am absolutely LOVING every bit of this life. The ups, the downs, the no's, all the cards we give out---and I understand Christmas SO MUCH MORE than I did last year. And it is so beautiful and wonderful and JOYFUL. Straight up joyful. It's incredible.

Hahahaha quote of the week: M was trying to remember Elder Wasden and where he was from: "Der Blonde.....der......die Hula-hula---Hawaii!" she exclaimed. "The blonde one......the.......the hula-hula---Hawaii!" It was HILARIOUS. We laugh so much every time we go over there. Bruder H is really teaching M, and it is so cool to see. My goodness. I love them a lot. They're changing. A LOT of change in Bruder Hauser. KEEP PRAYING FOR THEM. They're doing AWESOME.

I am very excited to go to the temple when I get home. :)

Life is so good, Mom. It is so good. I love this life. I LOVE it.

I LOVE YOU ALL SO SO SO MUCH, IT'S NOT FUNNY. And we are SO SO SO SO SO EXCITED TO SKYPE WITH YOU ALL in 3 DAYZZZZ!!!!!!!!!

Love,
Sister Beth :)



 













1 comment:

  1. She should bottle that attitude and sell it! Her enthusiasm is so conragious! What beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete