Monday, November 25, 2013

Looking up, part 2


Dear Mom and Dad,

Well. You've probably then already heard, if you've been talking to Sonja, that both Sister Scoggin and I are staying, which really came as a surprise. We both were really sure that one of us was leaving. And there was a lot that went in behind it.....

On Tuesday, we had a lesson with A. We read Alma 32 with her, and we could really see the Spirit working with her. Honestly. The Spirit is turning the gears in her head. We can see it; she just doesn't know it yet. But it was really wonderful. And we both just really, really wanted to stay, because we love these people here SO much. (Other things that happened: lesson with C, and S's birthday party after the lesson with A.)

On Wednesday night, we went to Baden, took some notes to some members.  Then we went to go find Frau J (the woman whom we bought groceries for that one day about a month ago), and she had given us a fake address, which is really sad. So, we just decided to walk up this one street and talk to everyone, then come back down another back to Bahnhof. And so we did. And we ran into this girl, maybe 20s?, but asked her if she believed in Jesus Christ, and just talked with her about the Book of Mormon. And she accepted it :), which was a wonderful feeling! But it was that we were talking with her and not to her and not at her. With her. And I really could feel the Spirit strongly with doing that. And each time, when we stopped someone on the street and started talking with them, the Spirit filled our mouths. It was incredible. I feel so much better when we're trying to talk with people. I just need to not be so scared of talking with them. :)

Saturday, we started weekly planning, then went to E's birthday party, then went up to Baden. It was at the birthday party that Sonja told me that you'd found her blog and had written in Spanish. :) In Baden, we took a Book of Mormon to a man whom we had found Wednesday night. (He needed an Albanian book, though.) He totally has interest. :) And then we went and found another family we had talked to from Wednesday.

Sunday was good. I talked with E about the Book of Mormon during Sacrament Meeting. :) We went and had lunch and a lesson at the C's, then went and had a lesson with O. She's.....Jamaican...in personality...and she’s really funny. But we both think we might have to drop her. :/

Anyways. We're going up to Wien right now for a Thanksgiving lunch! I can't send pictures from this computer, but I'll send them to you next week. :) And this transfer is going to be awesome. :) I felt the Spirit more, and I'm more sure of myself. It's good. And I'm reeeeally grateful I'm staying here---I love it here. I'll be here for Christmas, which makes me happy, because I can be with these people here whom I love. Anyways, I'm excited. I learned a lot this week, and it was really, really good for me to stretch my spirit like that.

I LOVE YOU. So much. Have fun talking with Sonja and José! Become best friends. :)

Love, love, love, love, and even more love,
Sister Elizabeth Rooskaloo Winters.




No comments:

Post a Comment